Saturday, December 22, 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind: Part 9

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
   My lonely great-grandma. My ex-boyfriend that I need to apologize to. My entire immediate family. The boy I've loved for a long time. My best friend Rachel. A woman who I offended sometime last year. A boy whose feelings I really hurt in the 4th grade. That day has stuck with me forever. I'd need to right the wrongs. But I'd also like to make more right the rights.

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
   This depends entirely on how long my life expectancy is. Will I live to 110? Then yes. Will I live to 60? Then no. Also, I think I'd like the fame AND the beauty, not just one.

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
   I believe that truly living only comes once you know what you are living for. Until that point, you are just alive. I don't mean that your life is worthless until you are truly living. The period before you know what you are living for is a period of immense growth, as you try to find out what it is you are living for.

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
   For me, things are right when the reward outweighs the risk. I suppose sometimes I just get these intense gut feelings, but usually I only take calculated risks.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
   I had to think about this one for a while. I think it is because experience is a very hard teacher-we get the test first and the lessons afterwards. We don't want to make a mistake because although we may learn from it, we still have to face whatever consequences we have inflicted upon ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment