Friday, December 28, 2012

And the Time Magazine Person of the Year Is...

   ...Barack Obama.
   Seriously?
   I'm not a Mitt Romney fan. I'm not an Obama fan either. I respect him, though, as the president as the United States, as a father, as a man. But Person of the Year? Really?
   It's not so weird, until you consider number 2: Malala Yousafzai, a 15-year-old girl who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman for advocating education for women. Really? We have a teenage girl who was shot in the head for something she believes in, and we have a politician who has sat in an office for the past 4 years and somehow managed to get re-elected.
   Number 5 in Time Magazine's oh-so-reliable Person of the Year List was Fabiola Gianotti, a particle physicist in charge of the ATLAS experiment. She has a Ph.D. in sub-nuclear physics. Her thesis was on data analysis for the UA2 experiment. And here we have our dear Mr. President saying things like "America is no longer a Christian nation." (By the way, America was founded on Christian principles.)
   I'm not disrespecting our president. I don't love him. But I didn't really like any of the other candidates either. The thing that makes me mad here is Time Magazine. Liberalistic trash.
   Not that I'm overly conservative. I'm not. I consider myself Republican, but I'm not gonna go move out on a farm and hide out with my guns and my 100% straight family. (Interesting factoid: Most people in this world are actually bi, according to recent scientific studies.)
   I just wish they had selected their people of the year with a little less bias. Kinda makes me want to cancel my subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment