Monday, March 19, 2012

Me

   I have decided to stop letting anything bother me. Ever.
   Why? I am in control of my own happiness. And I have decided to no longer care about what anyone thinks of me. Or about little things, like spilled milk, or getting an 89% on a test I was sure I would get and A on, because in the long run, does it really matter? No. In ten years, am I gonna care about what anyone thought of me my freshman year of high school? No. I am gonna be me, for the rest of forever, and stop listening to people who want me to be someone else. They don't matter. And they'll never like me anyway.
   I am gonna wear what I want, and say what I want, and be who I want. I'm not gonna live up to anyone's expectations except for my own. I won't compete with anyone but myself.
   Some people might say that's selfish. They're wrong. I'm still gonna be nice to other people. It's not like I'm gonna start being mean or anything. But I'm done comparing myself to other people. I'm done being judged. And I'm also done judging other people. I'm gonna be even nicer. I want to be the best person I can be. But not to satisfy anyone else. Just for me.
   I see all these unhappy people every day, and I think, If only! If only you knew that you could control your own happiness! If only you knew!
   So I am going to be happy. For better or for worse, I'm not letting anything bother me anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, it's so frustrating when the people around you are judging you. Just do what's right for YOU. That's how you'll find happiness.

    ReplyDelete